Monday, August 9, 2010

LEPAGE CAN REBOUND-STAY ON MESSAGE-AND THE ISSUES

Blog #2
LePage continued-


"Give 'em Hell !"


O.K. Paul-you have been knocked down many times before in
your lifetime.
Now it's time to fight back again.


After adjusting your attitude towards the press-address the
complaints.


1. Creationism-
We knew this one was coming,
Last time it was "intelligent design."
This is the anticipated attempt to paint you as a right-wing
ideologue.


Tell 'em:
Look, creationism is simply the belief that there is a God,
and in all probability he created heaven and earth,
87% believe in God (Pew research, 2009).
As to allowing this theory to be taught in schools, all I
have said is-if evolution and other theories of how we all
got here are discussed-then creationism should be included
to provide balance.
Every election the Democrats try to make this an issue
because of their disdain for "conservatives."


2. Franco-American catholic heritage-
Tell 'em:
The truth is-ever since my nomination-there has been a
"whisper" campaign concerning my ethnicity.
An attempt may be underway to tie my catholic Franco-
American background to fear of religion.
All of this may be directly connected to mobilization
of some gay activists against me, who believe catholics
are responsible for the "people's veto."
My chief opponent is their champion.


3. Opponents' age-
Tell 'em:
My "wisecrack" about my opponents age was a joke
that went over like a lead balloon.
The issues are what matters, and I promise to stick to
the record of this career politician.
As current Senate President and former House Speaker
that record is her report card.
I will ask the voters-is Maine better off as a result of
Mitchell's leadership and that of the Democrat party
for the past three decades?
I will compare her dismal record to mine as Mayor
of Waterville.


4. The Press
Tell em:
I promise an effort to better understand the job and
needs of the press.
I have learned that shooting the messenger is not the
best idea when the message may have been off the
mark.
The press can count on me to provide accessibility,
and I am appointing additional staff to assure it.


Conclusion:
On August 9th, Central Maine newspapers included
a quote from a Libby Mitchell interview.
This is excerpted from that interview
..."just saying we're going to cut state government-
I don't even know what that means"
Exactly !


I am still Paul LePage-the guy who will not increase
your taxes or the size of state government.
(Check my record as mayor of Waterville).
I will work for improvements in education, for
welfare reform, and for promotion of job creation
through incentives to Maine's small businesses.
Through it all, whatever they throw my way-
I will remain faithful to the protection of your
freedoms, liberty and the values that have formed
this wonderful state and nation.
I'm going to Augusta to give you your government
back.
                                       -0-
(That should do it, Paul)







No comments:

Post a Comment